"What I cannot eat with a spoon I can eat with my hands." Apart from a spoon you also need something to drink from and something to eat from. These can sometimes be combined with other gear; multipurpose is a good concept for weight saving.
The bowl weighs 17 grams and is 100 times sturdier than you would think. Cup 40 grams and spoon 10 grams. All you need.
Titanium spoons are expensive and are cold in the winter. And they last forever. Unless you loose them on the mountain. There, they will also last forever. Not ideal IMHO. A colored piece of string helps me and others to find the spoon.
Plastic often becomes brittle and breaks after a year or two. Both plastic and titanium do leave a rather large carbon footprint. My favourite is the wooden spoon. The one you see here I made myself, just to prove that a spoon need not be well made or pretty to be functional.
Comments and new insights: A spoon and eating from your pot. Basic and light. You need some sort of knife for cutting other things anyway, but I use precious little food that cannot be separated into smaller pieces by using my hands, my teeth or a combination.
